Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rumours in Kilmallock

I went to Mephistos' 'Grenades' in the loft on Friday and then had a fabbo time in Mary Jo Hoganses. The show was more than worth writing about and I am on it, in the meantime, we have a guest here on 'stuffinthangs': Karen of 'Teaspach' who went to see Rumours in Kilmallock.

Rumours by Neil Simon was on in Friarsgate Theatre, Kilmallock last weekend. I went to their final performance night and I've been trying to remember when I've laughed so much during a play,(from start to finish) and I don't think I ever have.

Seriously, this play had the entire audience in fits of laughter throughout; throughout!
Of course, by the time I got to see it they were on their 8th performance and the pace was on fire. Neil Simon, ( probably best known for 'The Odd Couple'), is obviously gifted at creating a diverse bunch of characters and putting them all together in the one room. ...plotwise; a New York city Mayor and his wife have invited their closest friends to a dinner party in their home to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary - when the guests start to arrive all is not what it seems and a massive cover up begins ...but I don't care about the specifics - this play and its actors, made me laugh for 2 hours solid and right now, we really need to laugh. It was, quite simply, brilliant!"

Karen Fitzgibbon,

Teaspach.

Rumours was an in-house production for Friarsgate Theatre directed by Robert Lee and featuring Orla Ahern, Eleanor Bennett, John Condon, Mandy Donworth, Max Hennessey, Bernie Leahy, Aine Little, Jim Lynch and Ger Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment